PALEO AND LOW CARB LIFESTYLE

Where can I buy palm oil?

Go down

Where can I buy palm oil?

Post  masterpiecemarvin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:10 pm

hi all, anyone has any idea? I tried cold storage and NTUC, nothing. thanks!

masterpiecemarvin

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Where can I buy palm oil?

Post  hamburger on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Giant.....sotong brand.

But its bleached liao, but those very red colour type

hamburger

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Where can I buy palm oil?

Post  Admin on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:42 am

hamburger wrote:Giant.....sotong brand.

But its bleached liao, but those very red colour type

Sure can use for makan not?

Admin
Admin

Posts : 498
Join date : 2010-12-30
Age : 54

http://paleolifestyle.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Where can I buy palm oil?

Post  hamburger on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:47 am

of course can lah. But quite frankly, those unbleached palm oil is almost impossible to find. I went jb and still its no where to be found. Only those palm olein, similar to we have here, bleached, refined, and deodorized.

Any time better than those hydrogenated oil. But lose to lard which i only use now Cool

hamburger

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Where can I buy palm oil?

Post  Admin on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:02 am

hamburger wrote:of course can lah. But quite frankly, those unbleached palm oil is almost impossible to find. I went jb and still its no where to be found. Only those palm olein, similar to we have here, bleached, refined, and deodorized.

Any time better than those hydrogenated oil. But lose to lard which i only use now Cool

How much one bottle and how big is the bottle? Got any picture, please post,
best I use Palm Oil to deep fry my Ngoh Hiangs, then keep making pork lard,
which is very very time consuming.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 498
Join date : 2010-12-30
Age : 54

http://paleolifestyle.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Where can I buy palm oil?

Post  hamburger on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:57 am

i think is 10L for no more than 9bucks. Very easy to find lah, just look for the sotong on the label and there you have it.


hamburger

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Where can I buy palm oil?

Post  Admin on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:24 am

hamburger wrote:i think is 10L for no more than 9bucks. Very easy to find lah, just look for the sotong on the label and there you have it.


Hey, that is cheap, I'll go look for it tomorrow, at IMM Giant. Thanks!

Admin
Admin

Posts : 498
Join date : 2010-12-30
Age : 54

http://paleolifestyle.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Where can I buy palm oil?

Post  masterpiecemarvin on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:15 am

thanks all for the reply. pork lard can be quite troublesome to make. now i eat pork lard with my steamed chicken breast. haha.

masterpiecemarvin

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Where can I buy palm oil?

Post  hamburger on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:25 am

I have surplus of it as i eat pork fats crust as side dish for breakfast. End up now with lots of lard pig

hamburger

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Where can I buy palm oil?

Post  Admin on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:29 pm

hamburger wrote:I have surplus of it as i eat pork fats crust as side dish for breakfast. End up now with lots of lard pig

I have a recipie for the use of fried lard, go to the recipie section.
And guys, please contribute to keep this forum going, all so quiet,
Hardly much post, so please, this forum is not for me, CBS, X etc..
It's for all of us. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Posts : 498
Join date : 2010-12-30
Age : 54

http://paleolifestyle.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Where can I buy palm oil?

Post  Admin on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Han Pau Pau, the sotong is not really palm oil sort of a distillate.
This one is real palm oil but super refined. CBS care to comment.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 498
Join date : 2010-12-30
Age : 54

http://paleolifestyle.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Where can I buy palm oil?

Post  xtrocious on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:33 am

anyway, I just came back from a business trip recently...

went up to KL to visit a vegetable oil refiner...

according to them, a lot of the vegetable oil we get on the shelfs are "blended" i.e. palm oil mixed with another vegetable oil like soy...this is to "lighten" the oil and make it more appealing to consumers...

hence the darker the oil, the more palm oil it contains...

also learned about how much splicing and dicing they are doing to the fatty acid chains of the oils and fats - almost like frankenstein food Mad

and no, they did not offer me any pure palm oil to bring back Sad

xtrocious

Posts : 161
Join date : 2010-12-30
Age : 50
Location : West Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Where can I buy palm oil?

Post  Admin on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:40 am

xtrocious wrote:anyway, I just came back from a business trip recently...

went up to KL to visit a vegetable oil refiner...

according to them, a lot of the vegetable oil we get on the shelfs are "blended" i.e. palm oil mixed with another vegetable oil like soy...this is to "lighten" the oil and make it more appealing to consumers...

hence the darker the oil, the more palm oil it contains...

also learned about how much splicing and dicing they are doing to the fatty acid chains of the oils and fats - almost like frankenstein food Mad

and no, they did not offer me any pure palm oil to bring back Sad

Thus the new term OILEIN. This one is Super Refined Palm Oil.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 498
Join date : 2010-12-30
Age : 54

http://paleolifestyle.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Where can I buy palm oil?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum